Monday, January 3, 2011

A Great Break... with one small bad incident.

Happy New Year!
We had a fabulous Christmas here at home and with the Leffel family and then jumped in the car and headed out to Breckenridge to celebrate with my family there. It was wonderful. Santa constructed a 6-man tent in our front room. It was so big the kids had to climb through it to get to the tree and the rest of the gifts. This was our first Christmas at home in 6 years. It was fantastic!



We also had a ball in Breckenridge. The kids tried skiing for the first time and loved it. By their third day of ski school Zander was taking the chair lift and skiing down the greens. Zella was having a ball on the baby bunny hill with her new friends. Lance and I got some great skiing in and even had a powder afternoon on Thursday.


The downside? After that great ski day we got ready to take the gondola down the mountain and discovered someone had taken my rental skis. My dad, brother, and I went to sort that out and Lance jumped in his car with my mom and the kids. As I was getting the fabulous news that I will have to pay for the skis if someone doesn't return them I got a call from my mom that they had been in a wreck heading back to the cabin we were staying in.
Thankfully no one was hurt in the wreck and everyone got out of the car before the really bad damage happened. Let's just say a steep hill with no traction, new snow, and cars that can't stop are a bad combo. The poor FJ Cruiser had the drivers side door smashed in completely. FJ had to stay in Colorado for repairs and we cruised home in a Jeep Compass rental.
The upside? Lance will get to go back to Colorado for the weekend soon to pick up the car and maybe squeeze in another ski day. Oh well, what is life without a little adventure right? Bring on 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katy! My heart just skipped a beat for you. Thank God for guardian angels and that everyone is okay. It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas otherwise. William has been missing his sweet Zella and we hope to see you soon. Happy New Year!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete