Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Pace

The hectic nature of the Christmas season is so much fun and so exciting. It is also totally unsustainable. Today was back to school day here and I must say it is refreshing to adjust to a new, much more subdued pace.
I enjoy my house when it is decorated to the hilt for Christmas, but I find it refreshing to look around and appreciate it without all that fluff.
I love holiday cooking and eating, but I am looking forward to simple winter soups and not so many sweets.
It is fun picking out and wrapping up gifts for everyone, but I love seeing those gifts in action even more.
It feels good to clean out some clutter, organize our things, find the office desk again.
Getting back to running after two weeks off felt great this morning, even though my knees were squawking after skiing just a bit.
I find it hard to concentrate on long term projects during the Christmas season, so I am starting to get out my lists and doing some major looking ahead.
I really don't do resolutions, but I am excited for the quiet season of January to get my act together. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Very well said! I definitely have a lighter feeling (despite eating the majority of more than one chocolate pecan pie in the past 2 weeks...) this January, and am so excited to start fresh in 2011. All God's blessings to you in this new year, friend!

    ReplyDelete