Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Paper Craft


I love a good holiday craft. This year I found an idea in a magazine and adapted it to make it my own. In my usual OCD fashion I then went overboard creating my own little paper sweatshop and making waaay more of these little paper fans that anyone could ever use. Luckily I had my girls over for a cookie exchange yesterday and made them take my extras! Anyway, these are really easy, fun, colorful, and adaptable. Here is a tutorial on how to make these little paper fans o fun. They are totally kid friendly as well- except the hot glue part of course!


You start with a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper. I bought this at Hobby Lobby for about $8 (it was on sale of course!). Fold and then cut the paper in half.


Accordion fold the paper- tighter folds just mean more ruffles in the finished product.



Fold the edges in on one another and hot glue to keep them in place.




(note- your paper will likely not change color mid craft:) I guess I got interrupted as always and finished on a different paper!)

Trace a circle out of a contrasting paper to glue over the center and hot glue it in place.


The finished product makes a fun tree ornament, gift tag, or window treatment when glued to ribbon as I did at the top of the post. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment