Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cookie Exchange

Yesterday I got to have a group of the best friends you could ask for over to my house for a party. I love the holiday season but love even more the excuse it gives to make the time to be together with good friends. So, yesterday I hosted the women of our Sunday School class for our second annual Cookie Exchange. They came, we ate, we laughed, we played dirty Santa with my rag tag bunch of gifty items, and we went home with a big 'ole plate of yummy goodness.

I, of course, managed not to take a single picture from the whole party! Oh well, I guess that means I was living in the moment which is good for me as I can sometimes get busy focusing on the things that don't really matter (like pictures) instead of enjoying the things that do matter (my awesome friends). Anyway, I had a fantastic day getting everything ready, partying, and then relaxing in front of the fire gorging on cookies for the OU game.

This year I tried a new recipe for Faux Toffee that turned out to be amazing and I promised to share. I also promised to post my recipe for "Goodies". Goodies are a drop cookie my Grandma made for my brother and I growing up. It was our major favorite, and to be honest I may have OD'd at some point because I forgot about them for a while. Last year I resurrected them for the cookie exchange and remembered how good they are. So, I made them again this year.

Anyway, Thanks girls for always being there for me, making me laugh, and doing life with Lance, Zander, Zella and I. Our lives are so much richer because of all of you!!!

Goodies:
2 lbs. Vanilla Almond Bark
1 cup Chunky Peanut Butter
2 cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
2 cups Mini Marshmallows
3 cups Rice Crispies

Melt the Almond Bark (microwave, stovetop-either way) Stir in the peanut butter and then the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Drop on wax paper and cool. Eat em up!!

Faux Toffee:
Saltine Crackers
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 stick butter
12 oz. Chocolate Chips
Heath Bar Toffee Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cover bottom of a 10x15 cookie sheet with a rim with parchment paper and arrange saltines salty side down on top of the paper.
Melt butter over medium heat and mix in brown sugar. Stir just until it reaches a boil.
Pour the mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
Bake the crackers for 10 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Take out of the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the crackers. Wait a minute or two and the chocolate will start to melt. Spread it around evenly and sprinkle Toffee Chips on top.
Freeze for 2 hours, break apart, and serve! (I store them in the freezer)

No comments:

Post a Comment