Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Secret Ingredients

Do you have little cooking shortcuts you use to kick things up a notch without expending much effort? I have a few, and I am always on the lookout for more. Recently I have fallen in love with Fire Roasted Tomatoes. I have seen these on the grocery store shelf for years and been intrigued. Unfortunately there is no generic equivalent and so I never tried them out. A few weeks ago I made an impulse buy and discovered a product that will be in my bag of tricks forever.

Pasta with Sweet Italian Sausage in Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce
1 lb. any kind of pasta you like
1/2 pack Johnsonville sweet italian sausage brats
2Tbs olive oil
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1-2 cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 jar of plainish pasta sauce

Cook the Pasta. In a deep skillet saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add sausage and brown, then cut into peices and cook through. Add the Fire Roasted Tomatoes and the jar of pasta sauce and let simmer. Serve it up with some yummy bread!




I love the simplicity and flavor of this dish. It gives pasta night a new twist with a very minimal effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment