Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chili and Beer Bread

I tried out my new beer bread recipe last week and it was a big hit served with some crock pot roast carrots and potatoes. Today I decided to see if a wheat flour version would be as good. I really liked it, although it does change the flavor a bit. Tonight I made some chili and served it up with the bread. Yum! Here are some pictures and the basic recipe for the beer bread...

Beer Bread:
3 cups flour (white and whole wheat both work)
1/3 cup sugar
12 oz beer (whatever is your husband's least favorite in the fridge)
1 Tbs. baking powder

Mix it all up and put it in a greased loaf pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 53 minutes. Take it out and add a little butter to the top, put it back in for another 2 minutes and serve it up.





As a question to my readers... what do you put in your chili? I am planning a chili bar for an upcoming party and want some ideas! We serve it with rice, fritos,cheese, and sometimes a little onion. Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment