Saturday, April 17, 2010

Marathon Madness- One Week Away!

The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon takes place one week from tomorrow. It is the 10th anniversary of this "Run to Remember" the victims of the OKC Bombing. This race is really something special. Although I have never attempted the whole or half marathons I have been on several relay teams over the years. Of all the races I have ever run in (not like the list is really that long...) this one has such a cool spiritual component. Throughout the race there are banners naming those lost in the bombing and many runners choose to run in memory of someone lost or in honor of a survivor.

The marathon course goes right through our new neighborhood, and I got an email last night letting me know the route for the half marathon will actually go down our street! So, I am gearing up big time to cheer on the runners. If you are running the half marathon we are on the 400 block of 21st street. I am planning to get the kids out, chalk the street, buy some balloons, and possibly set up our own little water stand. To make it even better, my hubby is thinking about running the half too. We will get to cheer on daddy from our own front lawn. So- if you have friends and loved ones running the half and want a place towards the end of the race to stop and cheer- come on over to our house! We will be ready for you and warming up our cheering voices. Go runners Go!

1 comment: