Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Anti-Fair*


*The title for this post is completely stolen from Dillon Curran, without permission.

Last night was the Leffel family's second annual trip down the street to the Overholser mansion's Concert on the Lawn. This laid back neighborhood party was one of our first nights out in our new neighborhood last year and we had a blast. I was excited to do it again this year. Basically we put some blankets in the wagon and rolled on over for fantastic music by Kyle Dillingham and Horseshoe Road and food from some of the best restraunts in the city.


It was such a fun, relaxed night. As we sat on the blankets with our friends Dillon and Amy, Dillon remarked that this is pretty much the anti-fair (the Oklahoma State Fair is going on right now). I have personally never been to the fair. I am sure it can be a fun time, but I am somewhat adverse to crowds and the thought of dragging my kids around the State Fair gives me the heebie jeebies. Give me this kind of fun any day...

In fact, this weekend is a two-for of neighborhood fun. My friend Amy has organized an awesome event for Sunday afternoon at Harn Park. If you are looking for a fun family friendly event on Sunday come on over! The Leffel family will be back for more anti-fair fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment