Monday, May 17, 2010

The Getaway

Sometimes we all need a Getaway, and this weekend I got a great one! I met up with six college girlfriends in Santa Fe for some fun and relaxing. It was so good to get out of town.

I loved the drive (at least the first 6 hours, the last 2... I was done!).



I loved the company.




I loved the hike.




I REALLY loved the spa.



I always love the food and drinks.




And I definitely love New Mexico.




I had a very hard time on the way home not taking the turnoff to head up to Casa de Maria, my friend Amy's cabin. It was hard to be so close and not be headed there! I am hoping we will make our annual trek if we can coordinate our family schedules and she can put up with us yet again!

All in all such a great weekend. I love that I can still get together with these girls after 12 or more years and pick up right where we left off. I am already looking forward to the next trip. However, I came back to reality with a bang this morning- a tummy sick Zella Grace. Oh well, it only makes me appreciate my getaway that much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment