Monday, February 7, 2011

When life gives you lemons, make lemonaide. When your family leaves you rotten bananas...

Make Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins!

As if we haven't been eating enough crap around here with all the snow...
I walked downstairs this morning to find these:

As I headed to Homeland in search of the eggs that were totally gone at Walmart I came across this:

That was all the reason I needed to pull out my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook and mix up my trusty banana bread recipe. Just to mix things up and make them less good for you I made them muffins and added the Chocolate Chunks. Yummo.

In all seriousness, do you own a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook? If I was ordered at gunpoint to throw away all my cookbooks but one, this is the one that I would keep. It may not have the most fantastic recipe for every single thing you can think of, but it pretty much has a really solid recipe for everything you can think of. The lasagna recipe in this cookbook has made me semi-famous in my very small Sunday School class circle. I have never made something bad out of this trusty book. It would make an excellent wedding gift (as it was for me).

PS- to add to the bad eating situation I walked by my friend Darci's car after pickup today and walked away with 5 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. 2 thin mint, 2 samoas, 1 chocolate covered pb- whatever those are called! Bad bad bad. Good thing it is going to snow again so I can eat them all and use the weather as an excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment